Trikonasana(The Triangle Pose)
One of the important and famous standing postures the Trikonasana or the triangle pose is seemingly simple but challenges the practitioner as it demands proper alignment and variation. Visualizing a triangle in look it starts from standing position but involves stretching and relaxing the muscles of the arms and legs either way. Let’s have a look at the steps of doing Triangle pose.
- Step 1. Start from the attention position again breathing effortlessly. Now stretch out both legs and open out both arms.
- Step 2. Both arms should align straight from one end to the other while the legs are opened up to the point that you can stand comfortably without overstretching.
- Step 3. Now keeping the arms straight start bending the body one side ( either right or left). If bending towards left your left hand palm should reach your left leg sole.
- Step 4. While doing so your right arm which started from straight stretch similarly moves and aligns absolutely straight pointing straight up while your left arm grasps the left leg.
- Step 5. Once done properly till here your head should move towards the right hands reaching for the skies and the vision and focus should be on the right hands reaching straight while the left one grasps the left leg at Its base.
- Step 6. Stay in this posture for a few breathing cycles and then comfortably come out of the posture back from where you started.
- Step 7. Now repeat the same posture on the right-hand side.
Health Benefits of Trikonasana:
- 1. Among the standing postures, it is one of the middle advanced postures. Stretching your intestines and stomach well.
- 2. The triangle pose helps in improving your body alignment and especially relaxed the spine while doing so.
- 3. The lower spine muscles as a whole are worked out and hence the lower spine health is enhanced
- 4. Improves overall muscular balance and capacity when done on either side.
- 5. It helps to remove fats from the waist and thighs.
- 6. Transactional calm the mind.
- 1. Don’t attempt the posture in case of any spinal injury or spinal problem.
- 2. The posture demands perfect alignment hence be wary of any muscular issues.
- 3. In case of weakness or any orientation, problems practice under the guidance of your teacher.
Written By:Yogi Kunwar Vikramaditya Singh Ji